Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tearing it Down

I still have a few more weeks before moving day, but I'm feeling like I need to get a jump on things or else I'll just be so unorganized that everything will be a complete disaster. Also, I've been shuffling my belongings around this town for 5 years, and this is the first time that I've actually made a effort to sift through it all and get rid of things. Despite my efforts, the suitcases and stuff just keeps piling up. How do people do this without all the stress? How did my mom and dad manage to move us every three years when I was growing up and not go completely nuts or just decide to throw EVERYTHING away? If anyone has any moving tips, please oh please let me know.
[via ffffound]

4 comments:

  1. i like to think that your newfound desire to organize is related to, well, me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sound like me right now - I too am in the midst of a move. I just hauled a carload of stuff to the Good Will on Cherry Ave, very cathartic, I highly recommend it. Good luck, I hope you love your new place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah! I'm just moving half a mile though. haha, unlike you. Good luck on your move to Savannah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take the things you're undecided about with you to your new place.

    Even if you're a little (or a lot) cluttered for a while you will have much more time to go through the stuff.

    That way you won't regret a snap decision made in haste and stress and miss something you treasured later on.

    Take it one day a time. And good luck!

    ReplyDelete