Friday, July 10, 2009

Let's talk about distance

I feel like I've come a long way in the last few days, and while YES I have travelled from one far side of the country to the other, and YES, I have found myself on any number of forms of transportation, I still feel like those distances seem pretty insignificant. Sometimes it seems harder and farther just to get myself out of bed and into the shower. Or to get myself to write down my thoughts that have to travel all the way from my head.
[via ffffound]

Vacations are hard to come back from. I have a hard time readjusting to the lack of sleep, the lack of reading, and the lack of general nothing-doing. Bear with me while I adjust. Until I realize that my temporary escape is really over, maybe I'll just try to find a good book to bury myself into.

Wouldnt you like to get away? Kerouac's beckoning with open arms, and open roads of eucalyptus, westward bound.

Wouldnt you like to get away? Give yourself up to the allure of Catcher in the rye.
The futures swathed in stars and stripes.

- "Le Pastie de la Bourgeoisie" by B&S

No comments:

Post a Comment